There are simple things you can do to boost your weight loss results. When combined with a healthy diet and fitness program, these simple steps can amplify your results. Here are seven simple steps to burn more fat each day.
1. Move your body just a little bit more. It’s true that people who move a lot during the day are healthier and skinnier than those who sit, even if those who sit consume fewer calories. This is because our bodies are designed to move. Add steps to your day. Aim to take at least 10,000 steps a day. Walk more and take the stairs.
2. Eat with consciousness. A hectic and busy life often means you don’t spend much time eating your food. If you time how long it takes you to eat your biggest meal, it would likely be less than 5-10 minutes. It takes 20 minutes for your body to register that you’re full. Eat more slowly and deliberately. Eat foods that promote fat burning.
3. Take advantage of time pockets. If you’re like most people, you have pockets of time during the day when you are waiting for a phone call, or waiting for a meeting or an appointment. While waiting, do a few squats, some push-ups, or take a quick walk.
4. Move, Move, Move. The more you move, the more fat you’re going to burn. Studies have shown that continuous movement throughout the day supplemented with a daily workout is better for weight loss than a sedentary lifestyle. Walk at least 10,000 steps each day, exercise, lift weights and get your body moving!
5. Sleep well. Sleep helps you burn fat. It gives you more energy. This means you have energy to get and stay active all day long. Sleep helps optimize your body’s metabolism and other systems. A study done by the American Journal of Epidemiology and reported in Women’s Health, showed that if you don’t get enough sleep, your brain thinks you’re low on fuel, which triggers your stomach to start growling. You think you’re hungry and you eat. The study found that women who slept for 5 hours or less were an average 5 pounds heavier than women who snoozed for 7 hours.
6. Drink water and green tea. Green tea is a natural fat burner. Additionally, the caffeine may rev your metabolism. Drinking a glass of water or green tea before a meal or a snack will help you feel fuller.
7. Eat several times a day. When you eat more often, you can lose weight. The key is the size of your meals and what you eat. When you eat smaller healthy meals with whole grains, protein and fruits or vegetables, you balance your blood sugar. This helps keep your metabolism humming and burning fat. Instead of eating three larger meals, eat five to six smaller meals.
To burn fat, eat well and exercise. You can add these few simple steps to amplify your efforts. Burn fat and reach your weight loss goal more quickly.